SSS is also providing
you an excellent opportunity to further enhance and
develop your intellectual skills with additional
optional subjects. This is particularly relevant to
students who have inherited a cultural and religious
heritage but is available to the wider general public as
Subjects that we are offering include:
- ISLAMIC STUDIES
- For further information regarding Finances, see Fee
- No entry requirements for optional courses
- Support period is the same as for main courses
This learning course has been developed to cater for
people who are beginners or can speak Urdu to an
intermediate level. Vocabulary, structures and an
understanding of grammar will help them to develop their
writing skills, enabling them to communicate
effectively. Please note that we will not be registering
you for examinations with Edexcel. All the assessment
for this subject will be internal and will comprise of
tests and assignments. The course itself will adhere to
the standards of IGCSE and same syllabus will be taught.
Successful completion of the course will entitle you to
a learner’s certificate from the institution.
This course has been designed to develop students’ ability to read, understand and respond to material from a variety of sources.
- To develop students’ ability to communicate accurately
in writing, matching style to audience and purpose.
- To develop students’ understanding of the structure
and variety of language
- To further their personal development and
understanding of themselves and the world around them
- To develop an appreciation of the richness, beauty and
diversity of the Arabic language.
Assessment will be purely internal and will be designed
to test the knowledge and understanding acquired
throughout the teaching period.
Further relevant information about the course can be found by contacting us
IGCSE Islamic Studies
The main objectives of this course include:
- To give students an understanding of the basic tenets
of Islam and, in particular, to elaborate those specific
areas apposite to the approach of their own religious
grouping, sect or school of thought
- To enhance their acquaintance with Islam by referring
to its traditions, laws, writings and practices
- To respond to contemporary issues from a Muslim
One of the key features of this course is the
comprehensive and detailed description of subject
Assessment for this course will be in the form of monthly/weekly tests. At the end of the teaching period, you will be required to sit an examination.