The NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Skills for Business: Human
Resources have been accredited by the qualifications
regulators for England, Wales and Northern Ireland1, and
are part of the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
This qualification forms part of a suite of
qualifications which have been developed to form the
substantial qualification element of Study Programmes,
and meet the Teaching Agency’s requirements for
high-quality, rigorous qualifications in education.
Aims and Objectives of this Qualification
This qualification provides transferable skills,
knowledge and understanding that can be applied in any
business setting. Units in Group A are aligned to
National Occupational Standards for business and
represent the core attributes required by employers in a
range of business settings. Units in Group B specialise
in human resources covering recruitment and selection,
employment law, workplace training and health and
The NCFE Qualification Aims to Provide Learners with
- an understanding of the essential skills required to
work successfully in a business
- the skills required to solve problems in a business
- an understanding of business culture and
- the ability to successfully communicate and work with
others in a business environment
- the opportunity to develop the skills required to
manage and improve their own performance in
- a business environment
- the skills, knowledge and resources to carry out human
resource activities including health and
- Safety in the workplace, employment law and
recruitment and selection.
This qualification is for learners aged 16 and above and
is suitable for use within a Study Programme. There are
no specific recommended prior learning requirements for
this qualification. However, learners may find it
helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 2
qualification. Centres are responsible for ensuring that
this qualification is appropriate for the age and
ability of learners. They need to make sure that
learners can fulfil the requirements of the assessment
criteria and comply with the relevant literacy, numeracy
and health and safety aspects of the qualification.
Learners registered on this qualification shouldn’t
undertake another qualification at the same level with
the same or a similar title, as duplication of learning
may affect funding eligibility.
Achieving this Qualification
To be awarded the NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Skills for
Business: Human Resources, learners are required to
successfully complete 6 units from group A and 3 units
from group B.
This Qualification consists of 15 units:
- Unit 01 Business culture and responsibilities (10
- Unit 02 Deliver customer service in a business
environment (10 credits)
- Unit 03 Produce documents in a business environment
- Unit 04 Solve problems in a business environment (10
- Unit 05 Work with others in a business environment (10
- Unit 06 Communicate in a business environment (10
- Unit 07 Contribute to running a project (10 credits)
- Unit 08 Innovation in a business environment (10
- Unit 09 Manage and improve own performance in a
business environment (10 credits)
- Unit 10 Respond to change in a business environment
- Unit 11 Recruitment and selection in business (10
- Unit 12 Aspects of employment law (10 credits)
- Unit 13 Human resource management in business (10
- Unit 14 Training in the business workplace (10
- Unit 15 Understanding health and safety in the
business workplace (10 credits)
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- NCFE Level 4 Diploma in Business and Administration
- NCFE Level 4 NVQ Certificate in Business and
- NCFE Level 4 NVQ Diploma in Business and
- NCFE Level 4 Diploma in Human Resource Management
One of the benefits of the QCF is that learners can
transfer credit from one qualification to another.
Learners who've already achieved one or more of the
units included in this qualification elsewhere can
transfer the credit already achieved. Simply let us know
which units are being achieved by credit transfer on the
Certificate Claim Form.
How are they Assessed?
They will be assessed by your tutor or assessor using a
range of methods. This could include tasks such as
designing charts or leaﬂets, coursework or methods such
as oral questioning.
Do You need to be working to take the Qualification?
No, as these are knowledge only qualiﬁcation.
How long do they take to complete?
You can usually complete this in a year or less.
Which type of Job roles can Learners Apply for on completion?
This qualification do not qualify you to work but do
provide a starting point for deciding whether a career
in the sector is right for you.
Qualification Reference Number