The NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Skills for Business: Sales
and Marketing has been accredited by the qualifications
regulators for England, Wales and Northern Ireland,1 and
is part of the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
This qualification forms part of a suite of
qualifications which have been developed to form the
substantial qualification element of Study Programmes,
and meet the Teaching Agency’s requirements for
high-quality, rigorous qualifications in education.
Aims and Objectives of this Qualification
This qualification provides transferable skills, knowledge and understanding that can be applied in any business setting. The units are aligned to National Occupational Standards for business and represent the core attributes required by employers in a range of business settings. The units in Group B specialise in Sales and Marketing.
This NCFE Qualification Aims to Provide Learners with
- an understanding of the essential skills required to
work successfully in a business
- the skills required to solve problems in a business
- an understanding of business culture and
- the ability to successfully communicate and work with
others in a business environment
- the opportunity to develop the skills required to
manage and improve their own performance in
- a business environment
- an understanding of the relationship between sales and
- knowledge of internet marketing in business
- Knowledge of market research and creative product
This qualification is for learners aged 16 and above and
is suitable for use within a Study Programme. There are
no specific recommended prior learning requirements for
this qualification. However, learners may find it
helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 2
qualification. Centres are responsible for ensuring that
this qualification is appropriate for the age and
ability of learners. They need to make sure that
learners can fulfil the requirements of the assessment
criteria and comply with the relevant literacy, numeracy
and health and safety aspects of the qualification.
Learners registered on this qualification shouldn’t
undertake another qualification at the same level with
the same or a similar title, as duplication of learning
may affect funding eligibility.
Achieving this Qualification
To be awarded the NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Skills for Business: Sales and Marketing, learners are required to successfully complete 6 units from group A and 4 units from group B.
- Unit 01 Business culture and responsibilities (10
- Unit 02 Deliver customer service in a business
environment (10 credits)
- Unit 03 Produce documents in a business environment
- Unit 04 Solve problems in a business environment (10
- Unit 05 Work with others in a business environment (10
- Unit 06 Communicate in a business environment (10
- Unit 07 Contribute to running a project (10 credits)
- Unit 08 Innovation in a business environment (10
- Unit 09 Manage and improve own performance in a
- (10 credits)
- Unit 10 Respond to change in a business environment
- Unit 11 Creative product promotion (10 credits)
- Unit 12 Market research in business (10 credits)
- Unit 13 Relationship marketing (10 credits)
- Unit 14 Internet marketing in business (10 credits)
- Unit 15 Understanding the relationship between sales
and marketing (3 credits)
- Unit 16 Conferences and events (10 credits)
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Skills for Business
- NCFE Levels 3 and 4 Diplomas in Business
- NCFE Levels 3 and 4 Diplomas in Customer Service
- NCFE Levels 3 and 4 Diplomas in Management
- Foundation degree in a business-related discipline
- Level 4 Certificate in Professional Marketing
One of the benefits of the QCF is that learners can
transfer credit from one qualification to another.
Learners who've already achieved one or more of the
units included in this qualification elsewhere can
transfer the credit already achieved. Simply let us know
which units are being achieved by credit transfer on the
Certificate Claim Form.
How are they Assessed?
They will be assessed by your tutor or assessor using a
range of methods. This could include tasks such as
designing charts or leaﬂets, coursework or methods such
as oral questioning.
Do you need to be working to take the Qualification?
No, as these are knowledge only qualiﬁcation.
How long do they take to complete?
You can usually complete this in a year or less.
Which type of Job Roles can Learners Apply for on Completion?
This qualification do not qualify you to work but do
provide a starting point for deciding whether a career
in the sector is right for you.
Qualification Reference Number