The Level 4/5 HNC/HND Diploma in Health and Social care has been designed to develop knowledge and understanding of management and supervision required in various HND health and social care sectors and to focus on:
- Providing opportunities to acquire transferable skills and knowledge which will facilitate the transition through changing circumstances whether moving within a particular area of employment or moving up to a supervisory or management position or adapting to general changes in the provision.
- Providing opportunities for a nationally recognised vocationally specific qualification to enter employment as manager or supervisor.
- Providing opportunities for students to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
The following information is designed to give you a general overview of the qualifications we accept. If you are taking qualifications that are not included below, please contact our Admissions Office who will be happy to advise you. Typically, you will need one of the following:
- Level 1/2 Qualifications in English and Mathematics
- 64 UCAS points or equivalent
- 4 GCSE’s (A*-C) including English Language and Maths.
- Over the age of 18
- A level 3 qualification, such as BTEC National Diploma in Health & Social Care or other level 3 qualifications related to the sector
Successful completion of the HNC course allows students to gain direct entry to the second year of the HND Health & Social Care course at Scholars School System.
On successful completion of the HND course, students can gain entry to the final year of an undergraduate degree course at any University in the UK which accepts Pearson qualifications. They can also obtain admission into University for a three year level 6 qualification in professions related to health and social care including a qualification in social work.
There is also an opportunity for progression in employment to take up a managerial or supervisory role within the sector.
Course Fees & Finance
This course is eligible for a Student Loan. English and EU students can apply and find out more information on the Student Finance section of the gov.uk website.
Getting In Touch
If you need any further information, please email our Admissions Team on email@example.com
or call on +44 (0)207 183 3647