What do the Qualifications Cover?
This qualification will develop the knowledge and awareness of the types of provision in the Health, Social Care and Children’s and Young People’s sectors. They include the roles played by workers – from principles and values through to health and safety and working with others. In the Certiﬁcate there is the option to take units in more specialised areas such as learning disability, sensory loss or mental health.
- are aimed at learners who wish to develop an understanding of these settings before deciding whether working in the sector is for them
- allow learners to gain the knowledge, understanding and skills required for employment and/or career progression in the sectors
- allow learners to tailor their learning to their interests through the provision of a broad range of optional units
- provide opportunities for the development of transferable skills
- support progression to Level 2 qualifications in health, social care or children’s settings
- provide learners with the opportunity to progress to employment, in due course, in a range of job roles in the care sectors.
Who are they Suitable for?
Anyone considering a career in health and/or social care with adults or children and young people.
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS?
You should be at least 14 years old. We do not set any other entry requirements but colleges or training providers may have their own guidelines.
How many Credits are Required to Complete them?
The Certiﬁcate requires 25 credits.
How are they Assessed?
They will be assessed by your tutor or assessor using a range of methods. This could include tasks such as designing charts or leaﬂets, coursework or methods such as oral questioning.
Do you need to be working to take the Qualification?
No, as these are knowledge only qualiﬁcation.
How long do they take to complete?
You can usually complete this in a year or less.
What Related Qualifications can you Progress to?
The Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care, the Level 2 Certiﬁcate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce or the Level 2 Certificate in an Introduction to Early Years Education and Care.
Which type of Job Roles can Learners Apply for on Completion?
This qualification do not qualify you to work but do provide a starting point for deciding whether a career in the sector is right for you.
Qualification Reference Number